The 5th International YES (Young Earth Scientists ) Congress will be held in the vibrant city of Berlin under the theme “Rocking Earth’s Future”. It will be a special opportunity for young scientists from all over the world to share their experiences, their science and culture and to expand their skills.
When:09.-13. Sep 2019
Where:FU Berlin, Henry Ford Bau
Who:Internationales Büro GFZ
Global change confronts us with major challenges such as rapid population growth, increasing urbanization, global warming, soil destruction and water pollution. Globalization processes increase further our vulnerability. For early career researchers, the task is to ensure that humanity is prepared to tackle all these challenges in a smart and sustainable way. This requires hard facts, reproducible and transparent science, and a sound commitment.
The YES Congress will focus on six large topical issues:
– Ashes to Ashes – Understanding Earth processes
– Unboxing Earth – Interdisciplinary Problem solving
– Heritage Earth – Sustainable Resource Management
– Society at Risk – Impacting Earth Phenomena
– Brave New World – Advanced Technologies in Earth Sciences
– Beyond Printing – Communicating Science
Session proposals have to be submitted according to these topics.
Website via https://yesdeutschland.weebly.com/yes-congress-2019.html